Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I start printer spooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadduci

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hello,
I am new to Netware 5 and I need to know how to start the printer spooler so that documents can leave the queue and go to the printer. I see the jobs sitting in the queue. Please help as soon as possible. Thanks!

Hello,

it would seem your 3 required printer objects are not talking to each other properly. It sounds like you have the first 2 peices in order if you can see the jobs in the queue, now all you need to do is load the print server on the server and your jobs should print. Gte to the server console and type : LOAD PSERVER and press return. You should get a screen asking for the name and location of the print server object. Navigate your treen to find it, select it and hey presto you should be in business.

The way I fixed it was running NDPS at the command prompt... isn't that supposed to load in the autoexec.ncf?

Thanks

I guess it depends on how often you reboot your server and whether you want to load it manually each time;)

You should also understand that simply loading the NDPS manager (NDPSM.NLM) doesn't automatically make your print queues work. The printer agents have to be configured to service the queues in the first place. That's something that you would have had to set up at some point in time.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Hello, I presumed from your description you were using the old print queue system. If you are using NDPS then you will need to load the manager and broker services to get the printers working. You can do this from the console :

LOAD BROKER and nav the tree to find your broker.
LOAD NDPSM and nav the tree to find your manager.

in that order then you should get at least 2 new console screens with the NDPS printers (manager) and the broker which just gives load status etc. You may also get a Gatewasy services screen. If you want to add the instructions to your autoexec,ncf the syntax goes like :

LOAD BROKER "NDPS BROKER - SERVER.ORG.TREE"
LOAD NDPSM "NDPS MANAGER - SERVER.ORG.TREE"

Hope this helps more than the last one I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back