Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I speed up flash animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 4, 2004
CA
Hi,

I was just wondering if there's a way I could speed up flash animations on my computer. ie: Making a flash game go super-speed.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated

Could you explain how I could up the framerate, please?

I'm very inexperienced with this kinda thing X-)

And would I need to install anything to do that?

you up the framerate by clicking on modify-movie...then you will see a box to enter the frames per second. The default is 12...enter 50 and it will speed up.

There is a bar at the bottom of the Timeline panel with 5 buttons, some numbers and a scroll bar. If you double-click the box that displays "12.0 fps" you can increase and decrease then number of frames played in a second; increase the spead by increasing the number of frames.
(hope that wasn't overkill on the directions)

What you say?

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Sorry, but I should have stated that I'm trying to speed up viewing flash online, not making it. :)

Using symbols (like movieclips, "graphics" and buttons) will speed it up a little.

What you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back