Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I setup IP Phones in different area codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

druble

MIS
Jan 16, 2004
US
Until now I've only had IP phones in my location and area code. Now I want to setup an IP phone in another state and area code. I setup the IP phone like I normally would, but gave it a local DID number. The phone acts like it's in my location. I can't dial a local number without dialing 1 and the area code.

you need to setup "ars location tables", setup "change location", setup your "ip-network-map", setup an "ip-network-region" and an "ip-codec" ot this region...

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Mitch-I should have explained that I already have digital phones working correctly in this new location and area code. It's just the IP phones I'm having a problem with. I have an S8500 server with CM3 and the so called new location has an LSP.

Does the new IP phone have the correct IP address for the location, as defined in your ip-network-map and ip-network-region?

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

I was missing the ip-network map entry. Everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back