Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do i setup dial in access to NT server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

orinoco

MIS
Feb 3, 1999
GB
I have enabled RAS to allow dial in by staff from home but the system won't answer the modem what do i need to do or what have i missed?

Firstly, is your modem installed correctly, and does it work under normal circumstances? When you install RAS, you need to specify the modem. Make sure RAS is configured to Receive Calls Only or Dial Out and Receive Calls. There can be quite a few things you need to look at, but first verify that your modem is indeed working correctly (try plugging a telephone into it), and that all your RAS configs are set correctly.

the modem is connecting to the internet internally no problems each user can log on locally its only when the user tries to dial in that the modem refuses to answer (or the server I think) the modem lights up as if its getting the call but the server doesnt pick up RAS is set to Dial out & receive, so i cant think of anything else

See that the IP address of the caller is in the same subnet as your server. This should solve your problem.

See that the IP address of the caller is in the same subnet as your server. This should solve your problem.

the server isn't answering the modem on dial in so it's not even getting as far as checking the IP

I have noted that the server ignores the call if the caller's IP is not in the same subnet.

Ok vkurikala<br>
<br>
i'll check the IP & subnet and let you know what the outcome is thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back