Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I setup a "Virtual" Address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsantin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2004
CA
Hi,

I need to setup an e-mail address within my domain that only forwards to an external address. I do not require a local mailbox or even local access to messages. (i.e. adddress@mydomain.com forwards to address@hotmail.com)

Can I do this? If so, how do I set this up?

Thanks!

make a contact in AD with your outside email then make a SMTP address blah@yourdomain.com and it will foward it to the address

Josh Williams

Thanks Skykiller,

However now im getting an "Unable to relay" NDR when I attempt to send to the internal address.

The internal domain is setup in my receipiant polices, however it is not my primary domain. Im attempting to send mail from another internal domain, to the new contact and its getting bounced.

Just to give some background, Im trying to host another domain's mail on my server and only forward messages to an external address. I can receive mail fine if I setup a mailbox, so I know my MX records and policies ar eproperly configered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back