Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set up WSS to use SQL Server 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdacquisto

Programmer
May 15, 2003
US
How do I tell WSS to use SQL Server 2000? The server has SQL Server 200 installed on it and when running the install pgm for WSS, it doesn't ask me what type of database to use.

Any suggestions?

Also, SQL Server 2000 sp3 SUCKS! I put on sp4 and it went smoothly... Will WSS work with this sp?

Thanks!

Tom.

Hello,

When you do the WSS installation chose to go with a server farm installation. Easiest way is to run from a commandline stsv2.exe remotesql=yes.

Even if you are installing everything on a single machine chose to go with the server farm installation, then WSS will not install the WMSDE and you will have the possibility to use SQL 2000 instead.

We have had no problems with WSS/SPS and SQL 2000 SP4.

Regards,
Thomas

Just go to the admin pages after you have done what Thomas said, and follow the steps that show up there it is very easy to do!

Hi guys,

I tried running the stsv2.exe remotesql=yes from a command line and get "Command line option syntax error"

Any ideas?

Hey Guys,

I ran the stsv2.exe and selected "server farm" and got to the point where I'm selecting the SQL database. I got this error:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. (Error code: 18456).

What does this mean?

I found how to fix this and got it all running! Thanks guys!

Just to clarify the remotesql commandline option it is not run against stsv2.exe because this is just the extraction file, you should run it against the extracted setupsts.exe

Or alternatively do it like this:

C:\>DownloadDirectory\STSV2.EXE /C:"setupsts.exe /remoteSql=yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back