Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set up Call forwarding to an external number? Using Unified communication manager? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadirster

MIS
Jun 1, 2012
CA
Hello I am using the Unified Communication Manager to manage our Nortel M3903 phones. How can i set up forward call forwawrding to an external number. Can someone explain. right now call forwarding is set up to extension 7000 which goes to Call pilot. I dont understand how i can forward the call to an external number.

THere are several steps that can block this, but lets start with the first one. On your phone, check the CFW key and make sure there are enough digits optionsed to be able to dial what you want. Right now, if you print your phone, I am guessing you see something like CFW 4 7000, when you press the forward button it goes to 7000. In programming, change the key to something like CFW 8, then in the U.S. you would be able to forward to a local number ie 91234567. If you want to go LD, CFW 12 will get enough digits in the U.S.
There are other things in the switch that also control forwarding options, but start here first and let us know what you get.

CFW - Forward All Calls is set. Redirection DN length is 16. Redirection DN is set to 7000. But if i change the Redirection DN to the Number i want it to be forwarded, will that work? But if i do this if the call does not answer at the other number if its busy or something will it stop going to Call pilot? thank you very much.

Once you forward the number off site it stays off site. It wont come back to Call Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back