Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set up a DN to forward to CallPilot without a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttmcmurry

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2009
US
I've come across a situation where I need to remove a DN from a phone (for an offsite employee) yet have that DN continue to be answered by Call Pilot.

The gap in my knowledge is how do I set up a dummy phone (is there such a thing?) without using a TN or setting up a phantom phone so the system can deliver the call to CallPilot? Under LD 11, after REQ: new; is there a TYPE I can use?

do you have a phantom loop built? prt supl in 97 you can build that, or build the dn as an ACD in ld 23 maxp 1 NCFW to voice mail number.

Mato' Was'aka

I think I may have figured it out. After reading ( it looks like all I need to do is use ld 23 to create an ACD for that particular DN.

So I basically did:
ld 11
out
tn 08 10 (the TN where the DN was mapped to)
ld 23
new
acd
acdn 2105
maxp 1
ncfw 7000
-> end of program

I was able to call the line directly from outside and voicemail picked up in 1 ring as desired.

For future reference, how would I accomplish that? I looked at ld 97 -> prt supl but it was greek to me. Given the time constraint I had at the moment, the ACD was easy to do.. but is it the *right* thing to do?

I have many extensions set up using ACD particularly for users that require a "guest" mailbox. I do it exactly as you said above.

Without using ISM/Licence a Steering Code would be another option LD 87 for CDP 'DSC' DistantSteeringCode, LD 86 RLI/DMI Tables Route/DigitManipulation

Cheers!!

it's 6 to 1 and 1/2 doz to another, both have advantages, and with the Rls increase of ACD from 240 to like 1000, I think queues are abundant.

Mato' Was'aka

A phantom line would be easier.

HUH?? In building a dummy ACD you answer 2 prompts, MAXP and NCFW. You can't get any easier than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back