Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i set up 2 different @domain.com addresses on the same ExchSvr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat1

Technical User
Jul 14, 2002
GB
I posted something about this last week, but can't get it to work.....

My company 'Bish.com' have recently aquired another company 'Bosh.com' (company names obviously fictional). At Bish we have a single Win2K DC/Exchange 2000 email server, sitting behind a ISA Server.

There are about 30 staff who have existing email addresses for Bish.com. They do not need email addresses for Bosh.com.

The 5 new staff that we have aquired from the new company have been given Bish.com email addresses. However, i want to do the following:

Host their Bosh.com email addresses on our existing email server - Bosh.com have had their mail hosted with a freemail isp. I've had the MX record redirected to the externam IP on our ISA server, but don't know what to do next on our Exchange server to enable them to receive mail.

I also want their mail to automatically forward/redirect to their Bish.com inbox.

Any help would be marvellous.

Thanks for that. I did actually get that far, but i found another recipient policy that had a higher priority which was overriding my email address addition. However, this higher priority one won't let me edit it??????

Also - how do i forward/redirect mails from @Bosh.com to the main @Bish.com? Do i have to set up a contact & forward it the usual way in Exchange General Delivery Options?

Using the Exchange Sstem Manager go to Recipients, Recipient Policy, Default Policy Properties and then to the E-Mail addresses policy Tab...and add an SMTP entry for your new domain. This will have your mail server listening for incoming mail addressed to domain(s) listed there.

You may then simply add an alias address user1@bosh.com) under their current account ...instead of a specific bosh account which would only be used to redirect messages to their bish.com account.

The only reason you'd want to do this (setting up 2 diff. account)is if your users have to reply or generate new messages using either addresses...then would then have the choice of selecting who is writing/replying...otherwise (when using alisases) the default address is used for new messages and replies to existing one.

Hope this helps!
CD

The 'alias' bit was the bit that i needed.

Fantastic - thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back