Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I set the value of text boxes depending on combo box value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etalent

Programmer
Jun 9, 2003
US
I've got a form. This form has 12 text boxes and 2 combo boxes on it. The way it's supposed to work is as follows...

(1) You fill in the first 4 text boxes then

(2) You select a value from either 1 of the 2 combo boxes, which

(3) Sets the values of 6 of the remaining text boxes (leaving the values of only 2 text boxes not yet set)

(4) You fill in the 2 remaining text boxes

The problem is in that I can't get the combo boxes (refer to step #2) to set the values of the 6 particular text boxes (refer to step #3). I don't know how to program the remaining 2 text boxes whose values are not set either.

As for more specific examples, I've found that I just confuse things by trying to explain what the six tables are, what their relationships are, etc. The best thing to do is to look at the database. It's really very simple, as is the desired functionality that I described earlier, but I can't figure it out.

If this forum allowed attachments I would have provided a zip file with a txt file of the description of a specific example and the little (95 KB) database. I have it ready to send ASAP. Please allow me to send it to you.

So that you can know something about the database for now, it is for reference of the verbs of four languages, English, Spanish, Portugues, and Kreyol; thus, the name "Quadling." I look forward to hearing back from you. I'm prepared right now to send you the database and the description of a specific example.

Thanks!
-Dave

I replied to one of your previous posts but received no answer.

A quick question on the way your tables are set up.

The Spanish table has the verb mentir in a field are the conjugations of that verb in other fields in that record or are they located in the related tables?

Eric

Eric,

Thanks... I did reply, but it never got past the fussiness of having to logon to this forum first, combined with the attention-dividing demands here at work, combined with the crappiness of my computer.

Your question was as follows...

"The Spanish table has the verb mentir in a field are the conjugations of that verb in other fields in that record or are they located in the related tables?"

The conjugations for the Spanish verbs are in table "tblEspTenses." The conjugations for the Portuguese verbs are in table "tblPorTenses."

If you haven't looked at the databse, the actual tables, and their relationships, that is the simplest means by far to see what I'm doing. I've got a zip file made up of a txt file, which describes a specific example, and the little (95 KB) database itself. It's all ready to email away. Please let me send it to you.

I really hope you can help me out! I'm getting desperate!
-Dave

Eric, did you get it OK? I sent it on Apr 5. Now it's the 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back