Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I seperate CMD window for every line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoover

Programmer
Feb 4, 2004
US
For example, let's say this is a batch file:

---------------
tlist
dir
kill explorer.exe
-----------------

I would like to have 3 seperate CMD windows appear and run this simultaneously. Anyone know of a quick command for this?

Do you want to do this in Batch or VBScript?

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

start tlist
start dir
start kill explorer.exe

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Okay that worked but the append command doesn't work when it does this. For example,

start psinfo -s -d \\ntce1842 >> output.txt

It fires up the window and just seems to run the psinfo command without the ">>output.txt". So nothing appends to the file. Any ideas?

Did you search you hard drives for the file? The path it's starting in may be different. Try putting a full path for the output such as c:\output.txt. You might also try using qoutes.

Yeah, i've tried both of those and still won't work. Any more ideas?

I was semi-wrong :p Here's what you need:
start cmd /c "psinfo -s -d \\ntce1842 >> output.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back