Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I send text from VB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoder

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
I want to send text from VB 4 to a chat room running on a java platform. How would I do this? I am using TextBox and a Submit button. What is the code to complete this process?

Thanks

How do you intend to send this information? Through DDE, TCP/IP or any other protocol? TextBoxes have DDE support built in: providing your java application is running on the same computer and can use DDE then you may do this. If you want a protocol like TCP/IP, IPX etc. then you can find an external control to do this (e.g. IPocx).

When you say you have a Submit button, is it actually a CommandButton? This may make a difference because you could be using a completely different control.

No code yet, but if you fill in those details someone can help :) "For Lucky Best Wash Use Mr Sparkle."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back