Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I send a Broadcast message MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a22ip

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
How do i send a broadcast message on MM 3.1

Thanks in advance

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Same request.....

S8800 PRIMARY SERVERS CM 5.2.1

The VM is currently at Release 3.1
4x MM S3500 MAS RHS R 3.1 Servers (MAS 1-2-3-4)

Can it be done or do you have to create lists and work off of those created?

Still don't know what storage server is being used here (Exchange, Domino or Avaya MSS) but here it goes. On the MSS you have one true broadcast list that is an ELA list number. When you look at the Enhanced List Administration you will see no members in the list visually but within the MM every mailbox created is a member of this list.

To send a broadcast (with an MSS storage MM) you compose a message in a mailbox and address it to the Broadcast List number. Once sent it goes to the top of the message stack on every MM mailbox but does not light the lamp. When users go into their mailbox this message will be the first message heard.

If this is an Exchange storage backend MM then there is a BDL Distribution list that you can assign a mailbox number to. To send a broadcast list message then you do the same as above, compose a message and address it to the mailbox number in the BDL.
For Exchange, setup instructions are found in the Message Application Administration guide for Exchange MM pages 11-7 & 8. For an explanation of this feature check out the Concepts and Planning guide chapter 4 (Features).

Also, you can restrict who can send a broadcast list message to all MM mailbox subscribers. On the MSS that is done in the Sending Restrictions table. On the Exchange storage check the Admin guide.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back