Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I save a record from a QBF of 1 Table to another Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2004
GB
Hi there.

I have 2 tables.

Patient and GP.

My intention is to do a QBF of a GP and when the correct record is found, I have a tick box which is checked and then click on a button to write the data to a table containing the PAtient ID and fields of the GP details, which is then shown another screen where the PAtient PRimary key is matched up.

If any one has done something similar in the past, and is well documentated, I would be very grateful to receive it as code extracts here, or in a seperate file.

Regards
Lee

Thank you Remou for the strong advice.

Before my inital posting,

I read this thread702-891878 and downloaded the example, then did some more searches and found that I can create a TYPE where I can assign the fields to a new table.

Whereby adding a SAVE BUTTON on the form that displayed the record.

And then in the Event Procedure use

Create the TYPE

ME.txt----- etc and then following up assigning them with

FORMS![form_name]!txt----.value = TYPE.field

As I was in a hurry to find a quick solution to a problem, I made the fix, and posted for secondary help, as the coding in the example is somewhat complex and not easy to understand, you will see why I asked if anyone had a simpler solution.

Regards
Lee James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back