Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i run a batch file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoessj

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
GB
Hi *SM'ers,

I have an installation of TSM 4.1 on NT4 Sp6a with no open file management module installed.

I would like to do a flat file backup of an Oracle DB but need to run a batch file to shut the Oracle services down before the backup commences.

I have the batch file ready but I do not know how to kick it off before the backup.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Many thanks,

Jason.

when you set up the schedule instead of putting &quot;inc * -subdir=yes&quot; or whatever in the objects field enter the location of the batch file ie &quot;c:\scripts\orcalebackup.bat&quot; or &quot;/tmp/scripts/oraclebackup&quot; for unix, you get the idea. <<< Experience shows that no amount of effort can alter reality >>>

stoessj,

would u mind to forward me the batch file to shutdown the oracle server? that would be great. thanks
chimera@brayan.com

look up &quot;presched&quot; and &quot;postsched&quot; in the user's guide for your platform. It's an option that enables you to specify to run a batchfile or executable prior to and after a backup runs. Typically you just add appropriate entries in your dsm config files and you're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back