Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I retrieve remote server settings after upgrading from CS4 to CS6? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddleetham

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
I've just upgraded from CS4 to CS6 on a Mac and found that Adobe have changed Site Management to Site Setup and I now have no sites listed. I guess I have to setup new sites all over again, but it's a pain having to remember all the remote server details. I entered all the information when I set up the sites in CS4, so the information must be there. Is there any way of getting CS6 to discover the server settings automatically?

Thanks. I tried Import, but it looks for .ste files, which were introduced post-CS4.

STE files have been around for a while. CS6 is not finding any because you have not exported anything yet. You need to first export them from CS4's site manager and then you can import them to CS6.

Unfortunately I uninstalled CS4 before installing CS6. So I guess I'm stuck unless I reinstall CS4. Or does anyone knows a workaround?

What's the harm in reinstalling CS4? It has got to be quicker than the 3 days spent waiting on ideas in this forum.

Just as you run the 30-day trial alongside your existing version before purchasing, it is always ideal to keep both versions of CS installed for a month or so after purchase to ease the transition to a new release. There are even situations where a new version may lack a feature that was present in the last version. ( )

If the CS4 uninstaller removed all user data as well as program files, there will be nothing that you could recover with any workaround.

Hi spamjim,

Yes, you're right, re-installing the CS4 version is probably the quickest solution. Thanks for your advice.

Edward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back