Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I retrieve PRI enabler code from MICS????

Status
Not open for further replies.

519tech

Technical User
Jul 30, 2008
CA
Hello All;

I have a customer that is experiencing some issues with their PRI. Nothing major, but they are receiving Alarms once a week, ALARM 75, and its become an annoyance. I do not have the enabler code for this system, and it appears no records were kept. Can I retrieve this from the system??????? I would like to change DTI card, but I want to make sure I have a copy first. I would like to prove that the issue is the Telco's, but so far they are saying its the equipment? I've never had a combo card, or DTI card fail. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks, Scott

It is not in the system unless wrote on the inside door. It is in the KRS with the sys ID.

You don't need the key code to change the card.

Power off the system and replace the card.

The issue of course is that any time the system is power cycled there is the risk of it defaulting, in which case the SYS ID changes and the enabler code you do have becomes useless.

Take a backup before power cycling that way it can be restored if a problem occurs.

To see the current enabler code. You can download the programming using NRU capture.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Hey Marv,

Did I misunderstand your last post?

Anytime I ever lost and restored programming on a MICS with PRI, I had to either know (and re-enter) the original key code or buy a new one before PRI would function correctly.

I thought I had the most current version of NRU (11.0, WI 1.07) but I've never seen any option to retrieve any existing key codes.

Is there a newer version or did I miss something in 11.0?

Phonehed in Dallas

If you have to capture into the excel files. This can take hours. You get the passwords too BTW.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I didn't even know I could capture anything from a MICS into an an Excel file with NRU.

I've never noticed any kind of capture option that I can recall but then I never use the browser tool either.

Can you give us the step by step on that?

Phonehed in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back