Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I RETRIEVE FROM A AS6 TAPE WITH AS7

Status
Not open for further replies.

writ

Technical User
Jan 16, 2004
US
I am having a problem. I am trying to retrieve a file from a tape with AS7 that was backed up using AS6. HOw do i do this?

Have you merged the tape back into the database? If you have any errors please post them along with your operating system (inc. Service Packs). -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

The problem that we are not sure how to merge the Tape created with AS6 with database in AS7.

Like TheLad said please let us know what your Operating system is and we can help you. Merging is utility that comes with arcserve. You should be able to merge a tape created created with a downlevel version of arcserve and then restore the data with a higher version of arcserve.

launch arcserve manager-go to manager-backup-utilities-merge-highlight the tape which you want to merge-hit the traffic light...
thanks Happiness is a daily decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back