Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Replace NAM 4.1 HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaseJitter

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2004
CA
Our 12 port fiber NAM seems to have corrupt startup files.
It hangs at different locations, during the boot process.
We have MICS DR 6.0

I'm receiving a Norstar 4.1 fiber NAM HDD today from eBAY.
I have the capabilities floppy disk, as well as the most recent backups of the NAM programming and greetings.

What next?

Thanks for any suggestions.

i believe what you will have is a nam with 2 channels if you have a 4.1 backup you can do a restore as far as your sekur files the backup will only work based on serial number and not sure if it resdes on harddrive or motherboard"i think harddrive

The serial number resides on the motherboard, so restoring the sekur file should resore your channels. Be aware that there are several different models of fiber NAMS and the hard drive you receive may not bootup. A white sticker on the NAM will usually have the designation V1G, V2G or V3G. The hard drive must be specific to this designation. Good luck.

Brian Cox

I appreciate your posts. Thank you

I've replaced our NAM 4.1 HDD.
The voicemail boots up, to some degree, but not completely. It is very sluggish. F916 seems to work, as does F983

I can create a mailbox, but when I try to initialize it, I get a message that the `recording was too long` There are no voice prompts either.

F915 appears as "inactive feature" so I loaded the sekur file from floppy to the HDD using DOS.

I've plugged a monitor into the NAM, and have watched the boot sequence. There is an error message about a Device Driver on line 142 of Config.sys. Then "DOS could not be loaded".

OS2 does not start, but another shell seems to run called "OS2YOU It is logging entries that TCPIP failed to initialize. The NAM still has a ISA ethernet card, which we no longer need or use.

Thanks for any help

the f916 was the one u needed to load sekur files...and if nam is slow its a memory problem..also sounds like u got another application running on machine...do yourself a favor and call a vendor...sounds likes u wasted your time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back