Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I replace another stored procedue with out doing another one from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyakumar

Programmer
Jun 29, 2008
US
Hi Folks,

I have a quick question. I wanted to replace a Stored procedure in Crystal reports 2008 with another one. The new SP has the same column names etc... So with out creating a new .rpt file is it possible to replace in Crystal itself. Please let me know.

Thanks
Satya

Have you tried using Set Datasource Location? That should do it for you.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I don't think Set Data source location will work. It will work only when we wanted to migrate from DEV to INT and to PROD. It will not work for replacing the stored proc....

An experiment is better than 1000 theories, so have you actually tried the change datasource option?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I know from practice that CR can be a little funky if the database is the same name but on another server. I think we had to go to each table and re-point to the new location. I am not sure how a SP would work.

A Stored Procedure is a oommand inside the database. It performs some SQL and returns some data.

If a similar Stored Procedure is in the other database you can use "Set Location" to select the other procedure. The name inside the report will stay as the original name, but you can rename the table using F2 (rename) inside the Database Expert.

A SQL Command does something similar but is SQL stored inside the Crystal Report. You can change a report from one database to another, by copying and pasting the SQL Command Text to a new SQL command and then using Set Location to the new SQL Command. Slightly more keystrokes and a little fussy about what you can and can't do there.

Bruce Ferguson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back