Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I remove ALL the icons from my desktop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi420

Programmer
Jun 21, 2002
US
I like a minimalist approach to most things, so I like to keep all my icons in auto-hide toolbars or the start menu. Does anyone know how I get rid of all the icons on my desktop. I've gotten rid of I.E and my documents, but can't seem to find the option to get rid them all (i.e., My Computer, Recylcle Bin, etc). I know the option exists because I've done it in 98 and my XP machine at home, but can't find the option in 2000 Pro for the life of me. Thanks for your help. (^_^)

- Jedi420

I just ran a test via wolluf's suggestion and it does work, but you have to logoff and logon for it to take effect.

do a search for GPEDIT then double click it to open it. go to user configuration.

>Administrative Templates
>Desktop
Then on the right pane double click the iption "hide all icons on desktop" and enable it.

Whoa! This thing is pretty cool. Sorry I was so reluctant to use it, wolluf, but thanks everyone for the help!

-Jedi420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back