Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I remove a DES from a 3904 phone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3k123

Technical User
Jan 18, 2011
US
On an option 11
How do I remove a DES from a 3904 phone ? I can over write it but how do I blank it out ?

Doing an easy change and when I put an x in front of the existing letters all it does is add the x to the entry..

Buddy if you make the change you just outlined in your switch it works? I have never seen a switch do that.

t3 I think you have to put something there. Why leave it blank?

This is what I get:

I make the easy change
REQ: chg
TYPE: 3904
TN 11 15
ECHG yes
ITEM des 3904
DES x3904
ITEM

This is what I get:
REQ: prt
TYPE: tnb

TN 11 15
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES X3904
TN 011 0 00 15
TYPE 3904

you only have to have a value @ DES if is REQ: = NEW

Mato' Was'aka

so my last statement is nul, but the sch code is stupid when trying to leave it blank on a new set, as it references NEW, seems it should read required field, unless there is some way to nul it.

Mato' Was'aka

I just don't see how x would work. What if you wanted the des to be xray?

I have just checked on an 81C rel 3 and an Opt 11C rel 5, in both cases you cannot remove the DES you have to change it to another value. Even trying to put in a space in place of actual writing does not work.

You always have to place something in the Descriptor, why would you want to leave it blank. I use mine for room and cubicle numbers

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

The DES is a mandatory field. It cant be blank. Maybe you can trick it with a space, but there needs to be something in there.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

I usually provide info at DES area as identifier. It also help you filter in printing sets in LD 81. Its very usefull for me..

You need a DES. It's bailed me out more times than I can remember. That and CPND's - hate sites that don't use them (their policies so someone doesn't let a call from a co-worker they hate roll to voicemail, whatever...)... but at least I'll know that a DES of 2345FX = fax machine on DN 2345, DES 3456MD = modem on DN 3456, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back