Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I reinstall Windows Mobile on a handme down PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechCarnivore

Technical User
Apr 13, 2006
US
Hi Gang,
I recently received a Pocket PC, a VX6700.
The thing is it's populated with another users information. How do I reinstall the OS? Never having used a mobile device before I don't know how this works. I essentially want to start over with a fresh device install.

The OS is in ROM, so you need to do a complete reset. It may be as simple as removing the batteries, or there may be a procedure like remove the battery and press a hidden reset button, or hold down two buttons while turning on the power, etc.

You should google to find the manual, which will give you the correct prodedure.

Normally you'll have something like hold the power button while pressing the hidden (recessed) reset button.

But I agree with Tommy, first thing I'd do is hunt up the manual.

ChuckG
-=-=-=-
Midnight Club BBS
telnet midnight-club.org

normally its a matter of holding the 2 soft keys(outer keys) while resetting the device holding the keys untils the logo comes up, all Data will be lost.

Richard Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back