Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Redirect to w/ a diff Target? (NOT HYPERLINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaweedOPM

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I must have read a couple dozen posts all asking the same question none having the right answer. Basically, when the page loads i'd like a response.redirect(url) to fire but I want it to open w/ a target of _search. This would be a great alternative to an actual frame page for what i'm doing. I really want it to happen when the page loads instead of having a "home" page that says welcome thank you so much for coming please everytime you visit click here.... ya no? Anyways let me know please.

in ur ASPX file:

<body.... onload="open('test.aspx','_search','')">

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

You are the man, spent about 2 hours trying to figure out work arounds. Looks like i was missing the ,'' within the end of the open arguments. Thanks!

no problemmo...

Do you happen to know any code to manipulate the IE search bar in anyway? I mean other than content. It could be nice to change the size at least.

the third parameter ought to do it, try a search on the web for the Javascript's window.open() command...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back