Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i recover my partition? please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemsip

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
AU
Hi all,

One of my XP partition(d:) was formatted as ntfs(working fine) but went i loaded up in the weekend, it said the d: drive is FAT32 and the drive is not regconise as windows file. After log into the windows, its performance was crawling. I tried all the trick i know to restore it but no luck. So i tried chkdsk -f, that fix the performance issue but all my data in d: drive is not accessible when i open the d drive. But the properties telling me that only 375MB is available out of my 60GB partition.

I need to recover that 50GB of lost data, anyone can help please?

Lemsip

Data recovery software will have little trouble getting the back from the lost partition, once you have your data back you can then refomat the partition and start over. We have just finished a step by step guide for this purpose. our url is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back