Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I read the ServeRaid logs? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yert33

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
How do I read the ServeRaid logs? Can't boot to OS.

Raid logs are not going to do you much good unless you have some defunct drives.

If all your drives are defunct you could use the event logs at the end and try forcing the drives back online in the reverse order that they went down in. Meaning the last drive to go defunct would be the first drive forced back online. You can force all but the last drive in an array online. Once that is done, provided the OS is not corrupt, the system should boot up.

Of course not knowing why your OS is not loading this is all speculation and informitive.

Thanks again. This was in reference to one of my drives being defunct. You replied to my other thread.

If one of the HDDs is defunct, you don't need to read the logs, just place a service call to have it replaced.

I ended up replacing the defunt drive. Booted up and the RAID card rebuilt the drive. But the System32 folder under WINNT was gone. Don't know why. Restored from this folder from tape (not as simple as it sounds...) and everything seems OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back