Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do i read a time period and process accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm2605

Programmer
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hi, i wrote a flow chart for a project but im kind of stuck. Here is the flow chart

read selected choices
'main menu
user exits or
user picks a choice

im having trouble with the read the choices. I have a list of 5 time periods written in a combo box. How do i read the time periods and then process them according to what the user wants.

thanks for the time

You can return either the text selected, or index of the item selected. If you want to return the index, then use the combo1.listindex = ... This will return the index as an integer.

BB

i dont want to return the text or index i am going to do other processing when the user selects one of the choices. The problem im having is in my flow cchart i have to read the choices first then create a menu of either selecting a choice or exit. if the user selects a choice then im checking to see if the program being run in on a local drive or on a server...from there on its a whole different process.

so you want to create a menu and exit menu option????? You don't make any of your questions very clear. Please can you repeat the question you want answered? I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what your after.

BB

Ok sorry about the confusion, here goes:

i want to create a menu with two choices:
1. select a time period
2. exit

if a time period is selected i want to check to see if the user is on a server or on his/her local drive. This can be done by simply looking up to see if the drive is local.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back