Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Re- Record Main Line Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldre

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2004
US
The message that plays when our main line is called is out of date and needs to be re-recorded. I dont even rember how to get to it in order to delete it ore re-record it, any ideas are much appreciated. It's a Meridian 19 system

rls 19 merridian opt 11? can you get into mail? at the > prompt enter ax

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

yes, i can access the voicemail no problem.

options 3 4 1 should get you to the voice service table.. two things you need. the prompt maint dn and the voice service dn of the main recording.. find those two and back up one screen and use opt 6.. that will show you the menu service.. open that and you'll two password prompts.. the second one is the one you need... dial the prompt maint dn, enter the dn for that menu then the password..

the first password, leave alone or your callers will need it when they call in.. the second password is the only one you need to find or change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I was able to get all the passwords i needed, and I can get into the menu using the 7002 extension. But it's asking me for the "voice service ID" for the prompt I want to change. There is only 2 prompts i have, which is key 4 to find by extension, and key 1 to find by name. But I dont want to change either of those, i just want to change the message that plays as soon as the main line picks up.

crystaldre> It sounds like your are trying to access MM by telephone using "prompt maintainance" (DN 7002?) ...You cannot do the change without the proper "voice service ID"...you can only get that by accessing the MM through a terminal or quite possibly someone in your organization has documented them earlier.

johnpoole:

I logged in to MM using the 7000 extension, and then entered in 7002 for my login. It's asking for a password, but in the service table there was no password under the "access password" but you said i shoudln't change that so that shouldnt matter. So i typed in the "update password" it showed me in the prompt maint menu,but it's not letting me in. Am I missing a step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back