Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I put a picture in the background of a newsletter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi.
I am new here incase this has been covered. I coach a Girl's softball team. I will be sending them newsletters and would like to use a different picture of them in each newsletter. I would like the picture to be full page/or 1/2 page just lightly noticeable behind the text. I have Microsoft Publisher 2000. Any great help here would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

StansGarage@juno.com

First lighten your picture to the degree required in you usual picture editor. Then put it on your page in a 'picture' frame. Next create a text frame for the area you want your text and then in frame properties change the background colour to 'none'. Your picture will then show through your text.

A)Select the page you wish to put the backround on (the page # 1,2,3,4 etc.) on the bottom left of the screen.

B) The go to the Menu and click View/GotToBackground. An empty background page pops up for the page you selected.

C) Use the PictureFrameTool {left vertical margin} to create a frame toinsert your picture into

D) Then use menu Insert/Picture to place your background on the page. As someelse noted, this normally has to be quite a bit lighter than the normal picture

E) then use Menu View/GoToForeground and you will see your page with the foreground your previoulsy had, but with your picture in the background.

After placing your picture in position on the page, select "Format" then "picture"; then when the "Format Picture" box comes up, select "Image Control", then under the drop down for "Color Control", select "Washout"
ShaZaamm!

Select the file for the background and insert it where you want it to be . While the inserted file is still selected, go to Format>Photograph. When the dialogue box comes up, slect the Picture tab, then "Image Control". Hit the down arrow and, from the drop-down list, select "Watermark" Hit "OK"

Done deal.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back