Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I PRT total # of phones by model? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcogoddess

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
I realize I can print out the phones and count up each model, but looking for quick way to just get the total 2616s or 3904s, etc.
Thanks!

Optionaly, In place of "lst" you can get a summary by using "cnt" - Good stuff in LD81 and it is space delimited for easy import to Excel

~
Gene of ~

another complete list with tn and dn, ld 83 lst.. seldom used, mostly because it's slow.. i captured a new list last week as i was leaving, 4 hours for 7000 sets at a blazing fast 9600

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I think the best way of getting the exact number of certain set types is to do a inventory file in LD117.

Listing the sets in LD 81 only gives you the number of sets programmed, but some set types are programmed the same way such as 2616, 3820, 3310 or i2004, i1140e but the hw is different.

The inventory list is a idu of all ports in the system (ecept analouge of course).

Hope this will help.

PS.: The same is possible for all the cards in a system.

i use 117 a lot to find missing and swapped sets.. inv generate midnight only has to be turned on once.. ld 83 lst the sets (analog and digital) and the set type ie 3904. 2616 etc and the dn on key 0.. 81 is great for a cnt, but counts 3000 and 2000 series, if you just need a count, it's quick.. like i mentioned 83 is s l o w

btw your about the only tech, except that mentioned 117, and i like the inv for maint..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John Poole,

I came to inventory file, during a cutover from a Siemens HiomSystem to Nortel. It helped a lot to find out wiring problems for the about 1000 digital sets(M39XX).

BTW, thanks for the flowers!

when i did just new installs, 117 did a great job of helping locate those problems, before the inv was part of that load, i ran a script to idu each set. way slower but it did the same thing but not in a great format

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

decent site, does it include the 2000 series or just the 3000 series sets? ld 83 is the slowest but also the most complete. it shows the actual set type.. ld 81 is quick and you can get just the total, but you can't get a breakdown of 2616 to 2008, just the total 2000 series and total 3000 series..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back