Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I PROPERLY shut down my OCTEL 200/300?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGTEKIII

Programmer
Apr 25, 2007
US
We have a shut down this weekend in our DATA CENTER and I need to take down the Octel and bring it back......any experience doing this?????

What software level do you have in your Serenade?
///doktor

This is seen with the the @l f command
///doktor

From the Avaya Support Site

To power down your Serenade, follow these steps:

Issue a "Shutdown" command at the @ prompt. This will take the system out of service.
Using the power switch on the front of the cabinet, turn the system off.
Disconnect the system from the power source.

To bring the system back up when it is safe to do so and power is stable:

Connect the system to the power source.
Using the power switch on the front of the cabinet, turn the system on.
When the system has completed initialization, issue a "Startup" command at the @ prompt.
This will put the system back in service.

SO .......I guess just hope it comes back up?? LOL...Thanks for teh intel!!!

I should not say this, but back in the day when we got service calls for this purpose we always took a spare P/S with us just in case. Of all the times I did that I used that spare once.

Just remember to unplug the cable as you just never know what sort of transient voltages might find it's way up that cable while they do the work in your center.

!Just BEFORE you do the power down!

I agree in the @shutdown command!

But before you power off, send a command: "@DEX 1" to see the condition of the HDD. If all fields in the printout come out with zeroes (0), all sector of your HDD are OK.
If the prinout show any other digits, then post it here in the forum for me to explanation.
The DEX 1 takes a while, but it is worth to know the status of the HDD!
///doktor

We have up to 150 of these OCTEL/VMX/SERENADE 100/200/300 installations running, and only a few times there was a problem with powerering them up again.
A good idea is to bring an additional power supply.
The processorboard and hard disk controller boards - as for the line boards - we have never swapped!
///doktor

We are looking for a NPIC 16 port card 300-6058-004
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase one of these cards? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back