Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I prompt for begin and end date in ReportNet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaforce

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
US
I need to create a prompt that asks the user to select a begining and end date in ReportNet. When I use the datetime prompt - it gives me to calendars and says to provide a value. The user does not know if this is the start date or end date. How can I customize the message to say please choose a begining date instead of please provide a value.

Thanks

Create a prompt page. Using either blocks or tables, slap a text box in the first one with whatever you want to say. Then put your date prompt in the next block / cell (note: it'd be a one column table for best results), lather, rinse, repeat for the other prompt.

You could use a two column table and line the prompts up side by side with the labels over/under them too.

Hope that helps.

You could also have a Date prompt that allows a Range, so then you don't need two value boxes. What you would have to remember though, is that when you are using a prompt page, this is automatically included in your filters for the main report and even for the ranges, defaults to a "=" in the filter. you then change the '=' to in_range and it should be fine.

eg:

[CallDate] in_range ?parDate?

Hope this helps,
Mooski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back