Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I program extension to ring 4 time then bound ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietharry

Technical User
Feb 7, 2007
US
Hi All,

Can you guys show me how to program phone extension to ring on main phone 4 time then ringss at assistant 3 time then go back to main phone before go to voice mail?

I have Nortel option 81C running with Call Pilot voice mail

Phone type: IP 2002

Thanks....

main phone - FDN & Hunt = the extension of assistant set.
If unanswered by assistant will revert to the main w/o any extra programing, that's how it works, takes extra programing not to do what you want.

Mato' Was'aka

no, an unanswered call always reverts to the VM box of the originally dialed number.

Mato' Was'aka

Can I have main phone extension appear on assistant phone or main phone number will bound to assistant main line?

Thanks

sure, just add it as an scr to her set. It will ring on both and still go to main VM.

Mato' Was'aka

Can I have main line rings one location at a time then bound?

if you put the an scn key on the 2nd set (the second person you want to answer the call) and set the dndr value on that tn to a number of seconds you want before the scn key will ring. For example if you want to have the 2nd phone ring after 3 seconds set the dndr value on that set to 3. Then the number will ring on the first set and after 3 seconds it will ring on both sets. If neither answer the call will follow the 1st phone set as long as the dn is marped on the 1st set. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back