Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I produce a (variable) qty of labels from any one record 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

katoz

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
AU
Hi all, I am not very technical but I've managed to create a pretty good database so far. I have an Image_ID field and Number of Images field and I managed to produce a report (labels) from queries and macros but I do not know how to produce the number of labels equal to the Number of Images for a record. In the macro I have the following expression so the user can select the Image_ID range to print.

[Image Data]![Image_ID]>=[Forms]![Label_print_selector]![BegnningImage_ID] And [Image Data]![Image_ID]<=[Forms]![Label_print_selector]![EndImage_ID]

Can anyone help?
Katoz

Why not create a loop for the number of images fro a record and then print it within the loop

Take a look at the post by CosmoKramer here. (Thread703-364690) It should do everything you need.

Paul

Thank you so much to those who responded, I'm sorry but I have no idea how to get it to work. I have looked at the threads mentioned and I tried every single thing presented and 100 variations but I must be missing something and I just can't think straight now.

Some more facts:

I created a new table with sequential numbers, 1-100 and called it the same as in the other thread - tblNumbersInSequence.

The query that produces the report is as follows:

SELECT [Image Data].[Image_ID], [Image Data].[Number of Images], [Folder List].[Folder Label], [Image Data].[CFN], [Image Data].[Keywords:]
FROM [Folder List] INNER JOIN [Image Data] ON [Folder List].[Folder_ID]=[Image Data].[Folder];

I created a form to prompt the user for the image numbers to print from and to. The query works and the report produces one of each image number in the label format I created.

I need help to produce a quantity of labels equivalent to the quantity of images. Can someone provide any further (specific) help re this for someone not very technical and suffering from a severe attack of mind mush?

1000 Thank you's in advance :)

In your table tblNumbersInSequence you should have one field called mySequence. It should be datatype LongInteger and you can add the numbers 1 - 100 as you seem to have already done.
Open your query in design view. Add tblNumbersInSequence.
Do not join anything between this table and any other tables in the query.
Add the field mySequence to a new column in the query and put this on the criteria line for that field
Between 1 and [Number of Images].

Then run your report and see what the results are. If you are still having problems, post the SQL with tblNumberInSequence still in it so we can look at it.

Paul

Paul,

Thank you so much, this is perfect and much easier than I thought. Your suggestion worked perfectly and I am so excited about the result. [2thumbsup]

This is an amazing site. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my request, it is very much appreciated. I simply can't thank you enough!!!! :-D

Kat
[peace]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back