Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I 'Print to File' on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringwraith

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2001
GB
I work in a design house and have recently been receiving Quark files created on a PC. We have the most up to date drivers (I think) but cannot see where the Print to File option is. We need to create Postscript files of Quark pages to process them in an imposition package. Is there an update to the Adobe drivers or something? Help appreciated!
ringwraith

Well, [pc2]

I am giving an answer for both mac and windows.

On Win

Go to Printers> Add Printer. When you get to the choice of a Network or Local printer, select Local Printer. Next you will need to pick the appropriate model of your printer, then you will get a list of ports. You will want to select FILE. Go ahead and finish with the installation of the printer and print a test page. It will allow you to name the test page at that point and save it to your hard drive. This file is a Postscript file.

On Mac

To make a Postscript file in QuarkXPress, open the document that you want to create a file for. Go to File>Print and in the Print window where it says Printer and scroll to where it says Print to File, select it, then click on Print. This will now allow you to name your file, create a postscript file of your document and save it to your hard drive.

I hope the above information is helpful. [infinity]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back