Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I prevent explorer.exe from keeping Hndles opened on Media file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvana80

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
GB
This post is a different section of this post:
tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/67/lev3/70/pid/779/qid/851061

If you read the post that you find at the link above, you will see that I have a problem deleting or renaming most of the media file like .mpg .mp3 .avi and others. The problem is that some handles on this files are kept opened from explorer.exe once it has read that file even simply opening a Window explorer window.

Does anybody know how I can stop the process explorer.exe from keeping this handles open?

Please read the other post to understand better what I mean.

I opened this post on the same issue to address this issue better than it could be in the other post.

Thank you.

Nirvana80.

To fix this problem delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}InProcServer32

This prevents explorer from loading shmedia.dll.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32

Sorry, the "\" were stripped.

Thanks bcaster but the problem was not those Registry strings.
I finally solved it. I remembered that I've installed an application yesterday called MediaXW (Name of the downloaded file MediaXW-0.0.6.msi) I uninstalled this application and the problem was fixed. To be sure that this was really the cause of the problem I went back on the website and I redownloaded (the website is ) I reinstalled this program and I tryied to rename a file and was still working. I rebooted the computer and there we are again with the same problem. I uninstalled again MediaXW rebooted and the problem was fixed again.
If anybody has this problem with this application installed, uninstalling it will fix the renaming or deleting of most of the media file extension.

Thank you.

Nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back