Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I point the ACDN number 0 to another phone in the office

Status
Not open for further replies.

twmoody

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
US
We just had a phone system put in and when a user dials 0 at the main greeting it goes to fast busy. The revert number in the greeting is 0.

thanks

Are you sure this is an ACD question. If your talking about the dial 0 option on a voice mail system, whether mailbox, menu etc, you need to provide more information like what type of voice mail

You can setup 0 as a dummy acd to NCFW (night call forward) to the ext you want
LD 23
REQ: New
Type: ACD
ACDN: 0
NCFW: --> enter the number you want 0 to ring at

however - 0 may already be defined as the attendant DN. In which case

LD 15
Req: CHG
Type: NIT
Nit1: --> enter the number you want 0 to ring at

have the vendor who installed it fix it

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

This is the best forum going.

I was able to get the 0 to work by changing the NCFW to an extension. Now my problem is if the calling user doesn't hit any key when dialing into the main number it goes to a message that I don't know what it is.

What dicates where the caller will be forwarded to if they don't press a key. This is a switch that was moved from another location and this sounds like a greeting from the old system.

The main greeting is composed with Meridan Mail. I can find it from Voice Administration->Voice Services Administration. 0 is set up as an ACDN. 2000 is set up as ACDN. 2000 is what the caller gets when they dial the main number.

thanks for everyone's help in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back