Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I place my DS1 into service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SIKV35

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
US
I'm trying to enable a my new DS1 that's currently "out-of-service-NE". What's the command to enable the T1. I've tried "busy board 01A15" then "release board 01A15" but I when I do "status trunk 1" it still says "out-of-service-NE".

How do I place my DS1 into service?

Thanks.

Can you supply a little more info..is a PRI..?how is it configured..?

Sorry, I was in a rush when I posted earlier.

I have a Definity G3 and the T1 is ISDN-PRI connecting to an MSL-100. Circuit pack is a TN464HP with 120A4 CSU.

My distant end needs my circuit up, but I don't think I'm inputting the right commands (i.e. release board...). I "test ds1 01A15 cpe" and it passes, but when I "release board 01A15", it still states out of service.

I'm I typing the right command to bring my T1 up? Or is it a trunk command?

This may help. Here is the link to Avaya’ s interoperability site. I did a search here for Nortel. You may be able to narrow it down a little.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks guys.

My DS1 is already configured, but I'm trying to test my end, but I type "test trunk 1" and I keep getting "out-of-service-NE". So I busy my DS1 board and "test ds1 01A15 ds1" and it fails test 1209 (no error code), and passes test 1210 and 1211.

What does it mean when test 1209 fails? What's the fix?

Thanks again for your help.

Do you have a Signaling Group set up for this Trunks Group / DS1 Board? Since it's a PRI ISDN T1 you'll need a Signaling Group setup - the D-channel has to be set up and in-service before your 23 trunks will come into service

If you have released the board you might also want to make sure you release the trunk and the signaling group you should have setup for that trunk.

Improper configuration could also keep the trunk from comming into service. Make sure you have the right config and that it matches with the far end config.

It's not just as simple as enabling you end. Theres a reason its showinf out-of-service-NE.

I agree with cpeiper on the signal group. The signal group has to be programmed correctly to talk to the remote end. Issue the command "status signal-group x" and it should show inservice. If it does not then your trunks will not come up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back