Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I perform many-to-one shadowing on Metaframe XP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowaviking

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
Is this a marketing promise not kept? I see plenty of info on it being available in Metaframe XP but haven't located anything that tells me how to accomplish this feat. Primarily want to do this for training purposes, 15 users watch the trainer. Any thoughts? Thanks

We use Citrix for this exact purpose at least 3 times per month. We have had 7 people shadowing, all in different offices, at one time. Are you getting an error message? Are you using a shadowing policy? I had the same response as you did before I made the shadowing policy.

No error messages, just not getting past the single shadowing of a user. (which has been awesome!!) So we basically need to setup a shadowing policy and add users to it, then we set a time and have them all shadow the Trainer? Is the limit seven? Which is better than one! Thanks!!

- Brad

iowaviking, we have not gone past 7 users so I do not think it is the limit. Maybe 32? Create Policy to allow shadowing, add users (I added all Domain Users) and then have them join a session. I left out one little tidbit. We have published the Shadows taskbar application. The command line on my system is "E:\Program Files\Citrix\System32\wshadow.exe" Hope this helps. Thanks also to jshannon, I'll be checking out the Confernece Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back