Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I perform an fedb rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkattfish

MIS
Jul 19, 2006
US
mm is giving me the "unable to access modular messaging information" error and the users were created weeks ago. I have been searching and found similar problems where people rebuilt the fedb and it fixed their problem, but I can't find a thread that shows or tells how to do the rebuild.
can anybody post the procedure or email me the steps?

Thank you,

on the MAS server, there is a utility called FEDBSync located under:

C:\Avaya_Support\Tools\FEDBSync

This stops the required services, changes some registry settings and restart the services.

The on screen prompts inform you of the Events to monitor in the Event Viewer.

As it states, its a service affecting process, so call delivery to MM will be offline until the TUI (Event 1241 TUI Service is enabled)

Hope this helps.

under that avaya directory i have FEDBQuery\FEDBQuery.exe i don't have the FEDBSync.
When i launch it i have 3 different query types to choose from. is this right or something completely different? if its right which query should i chose or what are the differences?

thanks

what version of MM and what login are you getting into the MAS with, Administrator or Customer Account?

The FEDBQuery only reads the database, nothing else.

I am on mm V4.0
I am logging into the mas with administrator

i did a search on the mas and didn't find anything relating to FEDBSync

if anybody can help on this matter it would be much appreciated.

hmmm... ok just confirm:

1 - backend is MSS ?
2 - MAS are Avaya supplied or customer?

if the backend is MSS, you could locate the required software from the MAS App DVD 1/2.

yes everything was installed and setup by avaya tech.
i will look for the software, thank you

so i found the disks and have disk 1 in my server. how would i go about installing this FEDBSync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back