Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I perform a retore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabeindan

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2003
US
I am new to backup exec. I created a new backup job using the wizard. The first full backup was successful. When I tried to restore however, there are no files or folders for me to select. I then cataloged the tape (successful), but still no files for me to select. I am sure I am missing something very simple.

Thanks for the help.

Backup Exec can be a little confusing to start. The information I am giving you applies to 8.6. Open up Veritas. Click Device tab (bottom). Click the tape drive. Click Inventory first. When done (takes about a minute), click Catalogue. You will see in the restore tab (bottom), your files.

To make your life MUCH EASIER, when you first use the tapes, label them. Do this on a tape than can be errased. Go to the Device tab again. Right click the tape drive. Click label. REMEMBER, THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE TAPE. But if you are like my operation with 500 tapes, you will want to label your tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back