Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I open forms maximized without the glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookE

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2002
US
I have an Access DB that allows forms navigation by using command buttons from one form to the next. When I click on a command button to open another form, how can I get that form to open already maximized? What's happening now is that my forms are opening to its saved size first and then being maximized thru a macro to maximize the form on Open-event. This results in alot of movement(~glitch) on my display and gets annoying. I can't seem to save the form in its maximized state, so that on open...it's already maximized. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you.

Hi,

Have you looked at the form property: Auto-Resize?

Also in the 'On Open' event of the form try:

DoCmd.Maximize

rather than the macro.

Also, in development - maximize the form and save it.

Regards,

Darrylle "Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience." darrylles@totalise.co.uk

How can I maximize the form fully when the toolbar for design view takes up part of the upper screen? I can only drag the borders up so far.

Set the "Allow Design Changes", located on the "Other" tab to "Design View only" This will make the editing toolbar go away when the form is viewed, leaving only the standard Access Tool bar visable. Hope this helps. royhouser
[hourglass]
If you think it's impossible...somebody else will set out to prove you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back