Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I manually Re-Index my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAT001

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
GB
I have done several updates over a couple of days to our site. The standard Frontpage search page I use is now NOT detecting most of these updates. (It has worked OK until now.)

The first of these updates, was just some text on the index page. The Frontpage search page finds these updates with no problem. The following day I added a new page to the site, and the search page does not detect anything on this at all.

I have tried replacing the search page with a new one, but this made no difference. I have even re-published the whole site, but still can't find anything on the new page with the search page.

After alot of reading and serching I have assumed that the site has not been indexed after the new page was added....? I have even added and then later removing another additional (test) page to the site to try to get it to re-index itself (suggestion from a post i read somewhere) but that did not work either...

I have tried 3rd party 'free' search tools, such as at these worked perfectly - but I only want my pages returned in the search results. (The Frontpage search component did this with no problems and I would like to carry on using it.)

Our site is and is maintained with Frontpage 2003.

Could it be a problem with the FP extensions on the server where our site is hosted?

Does anyone have any suggestions as what I should try next? Anything at all would be greatly appreciated, as I have had enough sleepless nights trying to resolve this problem....
Many thanks in advance.

Something else worth mentioning...

Another thread i have seen said:

"Look at the <index> </index> command"

Can anyone tell me what I should do and how to use this command?

Will this index my whole site for my FP Seach page?

Any thoughts....
Mant thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back