Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make the form fit the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computethis

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2001
US
I have several users who "demand" to use a lower resolution than the rest of us - so I have to reduce a lot of stuff on my forms. Now my higher resolution folks get a little bitty form and the lower folks get a full screen larger form..

So how do I have the forms automatically size to fit the differant resolutions ???

Thanks

This is a question I would love to know the answer to as well. I have been at this for two years and have not found the answer to this. There does not appear to be a nice Screen object, like there is in Visual Basic, that you can use to get the screen resolution. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

There was a guy on Tek-Tips a while back named Hellferret that wrote a function to dynamically resize a form. So you could create a form then by dragging the sides it would automatically resize (much like zooming on a picture in a photo editor). I still have a db with a sample of his code if you would like it I can email to you. Or you can view the thread yourself here: thread702-72233

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Also, the book Access 97 Developer's Handbook by Litwin, Getz and Gilbert (SYBEX) has the code and explanations on doing this. Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

not sure if i'm missing something here but in the code for the command button can you not just put docmd.maximize after you've asked it to open the new form?

That just maximises the form, not all the components within it. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

I have found another product that works really well.

You can download it from:
It's really easy to set up and only requires two lines of code (a general declaration and an onOpen event) for each form. And remember to change border style to sizable if it's not already.

Hope this helps.

X-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back