Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make sure a new loop/route is allowed to access music on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmohr

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
How can I ensure that a new route/loop is allowed to access the Music on hold.

We are running an Option 81C and if I do a LTM on my new route that was created I see that the only members are the 23 channels + the DCh.

Is there something other than the MUS YES MRT (#) that needs to be in the route in order for callers to hear MOH?

Thanks everyone!

After MRT YES you have to tell which music route to use. If you have an 81C you will need one music trk member in every network group unless you have the liscence for broadcast music.

ld 20
prt
mus

that will print all the music tn/s, or ld 21 ltm cust 0 and return through, that will list all trunks.. as posted you need a single music trunk per group.. on the new route, mus yes and the next prompt wants the music route number.. a new loop has mus on by default if all your other loops in that group has music...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks guys! One more question. Can you send the caller straight to the music route first or does an IVR app have to answer first before any music can be used as treatment?

Thanks again!

yes, frrt can be a music route.. i saw one set up where someone had used to miran canned music as a ran route, the phone answered with just music, but because it was techs calling dispatch, we knew to just wait

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back