Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make import code for Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilley

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hi, I am a IT Managing Consulant for A computer / POS service based company. I would like to know if there is a way to import/Export MDB files into an application. I'd also like to provide some minimal features in Access within the POS software via data entry. What would I need to learn or obtain to integrate Micrsoft Access functionality, in other words?
Im a also considering importing Quickbooks for people who are more familiar with it, and MYOB Accounting. I would like to know what SDKs or things I need to get to integrate minimal features and use it as a selling point for the third party products? By the way, I heard Quickbooks is good for service based companies. Some companies may be more familiar with QB, such as the companies I want to program for. Thanks for your time.

I apologize. I forget to mention that I am using Visual Basic as my application code. I might also use Delphi as well(i.e. faster executables).

Access is very good for programmatic manipulation of data, and can interface with other packages thru ADO/ODBC/Flat File techniques. There will be a learning curve, so keep at it, you will find that you can do nearly everything that a system would need inside Access, it's main failing is the lack of scalability, but this can be remedied by using MS SQL Server or Oracle as a back-end DBMS engine.

HTH,

Neal Miller
President
Miller Systems, Inc.
708-479-0085 Neal Miller
President
Miller Systems, Inc.
(708) 479-0085

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor