Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make an .exe file from my java programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tixnmix

Programmer
Dec 8, 2000
US
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to make an .exe file from my java programs? I'm using Visual Cafe' to write my code right now, but cant figure out if it's possible to make an .exe file with it or not.
Any suggestions will help.
Thanks,

Although there are cross compilers which produce windows executables I would not recommend that because they will not support all java features. I depends on the needs your program will address.

Its against priciples of java to create exe.This is to ensure cross-platform compatibility. The compilation process creates a byte code ( class file). WHen u run this class file, the JVM interprets this class. The equivalent of exe would be to create a batch file that has
"java yourclassfile".
Hope this helps
National

I've tried jtoexe, it worked fine, with one minor exception. The exe didn't display my image icons. I even tried making the exe from a zip file, with all the gifs in it.

Morten

Hello tixmix,
I too thought that of making the .exe in begining to run the java programs.But then i realized if i am to write and .exe files why should i go for java ? A WORA(write once run anywhere) concept.Then i would have fixed to same old "c" to do all this.

But then i slowly understand the features of java and left that idea.

See, tix java is developed mainly to run it across the platforms.the class files we generate can run on any platform with a simple JRE in that machine.We don't require any thing else.I accept that you and the person who use java might be working on the same platform.But use the java features to full extent.

To solve your problem as suggested by others create a batch file to run your java programs for other to run

This is just a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back