Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make a window have a default text input???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProgramer

Programmer
Apr 10, 2004
US
Hi,
I am making a program with multiple windows. In the main window, you can have multiple other windows. How do I make the smaller windows have a default text input? Now theeey just load as a plain white box, but I want them to have a default text input.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of application is it? If it's using MFC adding controls to views isn't all that hard. You can make a view based on CFormView (which has a dialog template) and design it as you do with dialogs in general.

>Now theeey just load as a plain white box

Not sure what you mean by "load" and "plain white box".

/Per
[sub]
"It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure."[/sub]

The program loads an empty box.

--TheProgramer--
C++ Programer since 2004.
You can contact me at:
theprogramer2004@yahoo.com

I still dont understand what "load" means. Could you tell us somthing about your application? Is it MFC, pure win32? Perhaps show the code displaying/creating the windows.

/Per
[sub]
"It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure."[/sub]

if I understand you rigt, you need SetWindowText
and don't forget about rtfm and stwf instead of posting a lot of smart questions

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Where do I put it? In the .cpp file for my child frame, chldfrm.cpp? If so, what part do I put it in? I am new to this. Please Help.

--TheProgramer--
You can contact me at:

you can call SetWindowText everywhere since that windows is already created and you get the HWND of that.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Where do I put it in my C++ File? Do I put it in the C++ for the Child Frame, or for the Main Frame or What?????????????????????

--TheProgramer--
You can contact me at:

I do not understand what you mean? Everytime I put
Code:
SetWindowText;
or
Code:
SetWindowText();
I get an error saying it is missing argument list? What do I put in the argument list?

--TheProgramer--
You can contact me at:

>TheProgrammer
how about reading a bit the f msdn?

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor