Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make a PowerPoint presentation stand alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I have a PowerPoint (2007) presentation that I wish to send to someone as a complete presentation, audio and all. The idea is that it will look and sound as though I was there on the stage doing the presentation - text, image etc., slide change coming in on click, all with the voice-over.

Whether it works with PowerPoint Viewer or is simply an EXE file doesn't matter.
I could capture this using SnagIt, but I was wondering if there was some functionality of PowerPoint which will achieve this end.

Thanks

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

I am not sure if I am missing something here. Can you not send it as a PPS file?

Avoid Hangovers. Stay drunk.

You can pack presentation together with powerpoint viewer in a single exe file. The user will have to accept license agreement of the viewer if runs it for the first time. See details in my old post: thread68-1068616

combo

On the Slide Show tab there is the abilty to "Record Narration".

Thanks for the suggestions, folks, but my PPTX is too complicated to use them.
When you have 10-12 On_Click actions on a single slide the only way was to capture the presentation with SnagIt or similar.

Thanks for trying anyway.

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back