Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make a page with multiple AJAX custom controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weberm

Programmer
Dec 23, 2002
US
My web app has two custom controls, each of which uses a toolkitscriptmanager. When either one is on a page, it runs fine, but a page that has both of them triggers a "Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page." exception. What needs to added to the page with both controls to make it work?
Does anyone have a link that explains the difference between Scriptmanager, ScriptManagerProxy, and ToolkitScriptManager?

Thanks in advance!

The ScriptManager or ToolScriptManager reference should go in the host page, not in the controls and should be one or the other, not both.

ScriptManager is part of ASP.Net and ToolScriptManager is part of AJAX Toolkit, but ToolScriptManager was supposedly removed in AjaxToolkit version 15.1

Mark

"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! I think that fixed it!
I didn't realize you had replied because I was no longer receiving email notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back